Lauren O’Connor a Los Angeles based registered dietitian with @Nutri Savvy Health featured a Paleo Pro Vanilla Bean Frosting Recipe:
And I’d be remiss not to mention I did add in some protein powder to add to the flavor and bump up the protein content. Yes, beans have some protein but not a huge amount (but they do add in fiber and B vitamins, too!) So I pulled out my Paleo Pro Aztec Vanilla Collagen Powder, my can of Northern Beans, Vanilla bean paste (I think it’s better than extract), maple syrup and the rest of the ingredients and processed it all in my Cuisinart food processor. Couldn’t be simpler!
Serves: 2¼ cups
- 1 can Great Northern Beans
- 2 scoops PaleoPro Aztec Vanilla Bone Broth Collagen Powder
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Peanut Butter (or Cashew Butter)
- 6 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Truvia (or Swerve no calorie sweetener with Erythritol)
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla bean paste
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until fully incorporated for a smooth, creamy, frosting-like consistency.
- Enjoy! 🙂